Back Tax Solutions
Do you owe taxes that you can’t pay? Don’t know how to get out from under the IRS? Does the IRS say that you owe taxes that you DON’T think you owe? At CPA’s of Florida, we offer fixed pricing on tax relief services, and our team of qualified CPAs is ready to help you stop hiding and start living.
If you received a letter from the IRS, owe back taxes, or are years behind in filing your taxes – you have come to the right place. We have helped countless clients with IRS debt settlement, and we’re ready to help you too.
Why You Shouldn’t Wait to Resolve Your Back Taxes
The temptation that a lot of people have when they’re hit with tax debt is to turn a blind eye and avoid it until they are able to save some money up. However, this will only end up making the problem worse. The IRS is meticulous in its record keeping, and they will not forget about your debt no matter how long you try to avoid it.
If you go long enough without paying, the end outcome will only get worse and worse. Here are some of the consequences that are waiting for you if you fail to pay and don’t seek tax debt relief:
- Compounding Interest: When you’re late on your taxes, you owe more and more every day due to interest, so waiting long periods is a recipe for disaster.
- Penalty Payments: In addition to the extra amount you owe on unpaid taxes from interest, there is also a separate fee for filing late or failing to pay. This may seem like a small fee at first, but it rises every month that your taxes remain unpaid.
- Wage Garnishments: If you ignore the IRS, they will begin to take the matter into their own hands. One way they do this is wage garnishments, where they will deduct a certain amount of money from each of your paychecks. Garnishments are fairly common, so don’t be afraid to ask us about tax garnishment help.
- Tax Liens and Tax Levies: In extreme situations, the IRS can lay a claim against your property until you pay what is owed — this is called a tax lien. If you still fail to produce the amount owed, they will proceed with a tax levy, where your property or assets are seized from your possession until the tax debt is satisfied. If you receive an intent to levy letter from the IRS, you need to act immediately.
- Criminal Investigation: If the tax debt is bad enough, you can actually be tried in court on criminal charges. This is the most extreme scenario, but a clear warning against ignoring the issue — back taxes can have much more serious consequences than just hurting your wallet.
Tax Relief Help From Fort Myers CPAs
If you need help with your back taxes, we have solutions. Even if you don’t have the money to pay the taxes you owe, there are several courses of action you can pursue, and contacting our local Florida CPA team should be your first step.
Here are some of the things we can help with:
- Installment Agreements
- Partial Payment Installment Agreements
- Offers In Compromise
- Currently Not Collectible Status Requests
- Penalty Abatements
- First Time Abatement Penalty Abatements
- Innocent Spouse Relief
- Back Tax Returns Completion
- Stop Tax Levies And Wage Garnishments
- IRS Responses To Notices Received
- IRS Tax Payment Plans
The Worst Thing You Can Do Is Nothing
No matter how you decide to handle your problems with the IRS, the worst thing you can do is nothing. Even by just answering to the IRS and acknowledging that you’re aware of the problem, you can often work things out in a way that will lessen the consequences or temporarily avoid them.
However, the best thing you can do is contact CPA’s of Florida for all of your tax relief needs. We have served countless Florida clients, and we routinely help people from Naples, Fort Myers, Sanibel Island, and the surrounding areas. Contact us today!