Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA)

We are experts in US tax obligations for foreigners owning property or residing in the US.

 Do you Own US Property?

The IRS has specific rules for non-US citizens buying or selling US property.  Avoid costly mistakes.  Doing it right the first time will save you thousands of dollars and lots of time and stress.

Who must file a US Tax Return?

  • Non US persons who earn US income
  • Non US persons who own US rental property
  • Non US persons selling any US real estate and desire to reduce or eliminate IRS withholding
  • A US citizen living and working abroad

Did you Know?

  • You can avoid mailing your original passport to the IRS by having your passport certified at our office.
  • You can avoid FIRPTA withholding on the sale of your US property with proactive tax advice.
  • The US offers tax credits for taxes paid to other countries to avoid double taxation.
  • If you’re a US person working and living abroad there are Tax savings available to you.